Sunday 26 April 2009

Well today I have had a very productive and fun time! It involved eating croissants outside with strawberry jam and a latte with the whole family in the sunshine - a rare event! We had our neighbours children over to play for a while so was able to get on and do some - decorating!


Hooray the first time I have had the inclination since the birth of H ! So over 2 yrs!! Our kitchen for so long has been painted nearly to the end of it but I obviously got bored or ran out of paint because the area where the kettle is completely bare, devoid of colour - it looks so much better - can't believe I didn't do it earlier. Whilst I was doing the painting, hubby decided to join in and starting pulling nails out of a piece of old wood - "what are you doing?" I asked "This is the old architrive". Once he has sanded the piece of old wood, I realise that it is a missing piece of the doorway that I had not missed in the past 3 years but now it is there it looks as if it belongs. Funny that. There is much more work to do but at least now we have made a start! It somehow seems more do able again!



It has been a lovely day though and I have positively enjoyed being with hubby and working on our house which has been neglected since the advent of children in general. It is hard to pick up a paintbrush because as soon as you do you start to hear a fight breaking out or they want you to get something or as today "mummy H is messing up my game!!!" shrieked in a high pitched whiney voice by M. E is just singing at the top of her voice as she does when happy with her little life - we know when she is not happy - queen of strops!




No comments:

Post a Comment